Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A simple summer treat, usually forgotten!

Hi! Today I have a new idea for summer snack! And is an easy no-cooking project that you will enjoy doing and eating as well; I'm talking about cereal treats, I guess you have already taste them or at least hear about them. Well I must said they are like my favorite summer treat, just because is as easy as it can gets, no baking, no waiting, just enjoying! You will need:
Six tablespoons of unsalted butter
Six cups of Crisp rice cereal (or any cereal really, pick your fav!)
One bag of marshmallows
A saucepan
Melt the butter in the saucepan, them add the marshmellows until they're melted too, finally add the cereal you had choosen and mix them without taking the saucepan off the fire, when you're done you just have to give them a shape, you can make little balls or put the entire mix in a baking pan to make regular square cereal treats, another great idea is to use cookies cutters, but I haven't try it, so I'm not sure how it works. You can decorate them with color buttercream, I recommend not to use a los of buttercream cuz the treats will be really sweet, but is up to you!
Well I hope you like this simple recipe!
XOXO
Tatis

1 comment:

Gossip said...

Hi, I like your recipe and I love the fact it is a no-cooking proyect:P lol. I'll try it this weekend because my parents are coming over and I wanna "impress them" haha.. so I hope I do good.

Love, Gossip